Monday, May 30, 2011

We have a map!

So while I was home, I picked up a Flat Stanley from my former coworkers at St. Francis to take to England to show their students what fun things I get to do while I'm here. After some some deep contemplation, I thought what a cute idea to start a Flat Stanley abroad website/blog written in a kid friendly tone that Everett and I can maybe someday turn into a book for our kids! I decided I wanted to try my hand at wordpress.com instead of blogger as I have been using. I designed the website, upoaded my pictures, and got the brilliant idea that I should add a map to the website to show where he's been. After an hour of searching for a good host... yes it took me that long... I created my map and was super proud of it... I went to put it into my blog.... and it won't work.

To make it work, I would have to actually download the wordpress software, learn html code, be super smart at computers/website creating, buy a website, etc etc... you get the point... I'm not computer savvy enough to do it.. So I decided to try and put it on this blog just to see if it would work.. and it did right away... SOOOO... even though I like the layouts of wordpress better... I'm going to have to do my Stanley blog at blogger.com instead (unless someone can figure out how to put my map into wordpress... HINT HINT!)

Lucky for you though, you can see my Stanley map if you scroll down to the bottom of this page! It is interactive, so zoom in, zoom out, click on the icons, look at the pictures, and read the descriptions!

I liked it so much that I have decided to create one for just Everett and I, but might not get that one up for a while so you will have to make due with Stanley!

No comments:

Post a Comment