Sunday, March 18, 2012

So really... What's the difference?

Sorry my blog has been down for a bit.. I have been trying to decide on whether I will keep it a private blog with invitation only or public. Also, I had a lot on my mind this week, and wasn't really in the blogging mood.. I was really disappointed that Everett was gone for the 2nd St. Patty's Day in a row due to his stupid airplane breaking down on a beautiful island in the Southern region of Europe... Poor him.... 

Anyways, I'm very excited about this week, and have decided to embark on Part 1 of sharing my England experiences with you all!

Part One: What exactly is the difference between the UK, England, Great Britain, etc.?

The best way for me to describe this to you is by showing you a video. So please watch!


So, as the video tells you, I live in the UK on the island of Great Britain, in the country of England. By the way, England's flag looks like this:


Most people (i.e. me before moving here), thought that the Union Jack was the flag of England. That is false, it is the flag of the United Kingdom, and is a combination of the flags of England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. If you don't believe me.. google it!

I hope this lesson has allowed you to learn some new information today!

No comments:

Post a Comment