Sunday, August 22, 2010

Iceland and Cleaning and House Fires... Oh My!

It has been a busy yet pretty uneventful few days.. Over the weekend, we went out in Cambridge on Friday. The bars here don't close until 4am... That's LATE for an old married woman like me! I was too tired to go out again on Saturday! I just can't hang anymore! : )

Here are some random pics from the bars/Newmarket:




Everett and his friend Evan
Just thought this looked cool..
Don't  you miss us?? : )
Lamborghini chillin' in Newmarket..  It is an extremely wealthy town, so sights like these occur on a daily basis...
On to the exciting news.. It sounds like I will be getting to go to Iceland again! For longer than 30 minutes this time... haha! Everett will be making a work trip there, so one of his coworker's wife and I will be flying there to spend a couple of days enjoying the country. I'm unsure on the dates as of yet, but I know we will be there in September. I'm very excited for my first "adventure" here! Until then.. it will be cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning! I have gotten the kitchen cleaned, but have 3 and two halves more rooms to clean. I know what you're thinking.. come on teacher.. two halves = one whole.. but the bathrooms are so small they only count as half and I didn't want you to think we have 5 whole rooms here!
We did have one scary event this weekend.. I went to cook my toast for breakfast this morning, and I had a little house fire! The toaster was plugged into the wall, so I assumed it was OK to use. I noticed the setting was on the lowest, and I like my toast cooked a little more so I turned it up and turned it on. I went to go get the butter from the fridge not 15 ft away when I look back and the toaster is smoking. I run over just in time for it to burst into flames. I yell at Everett, "Um, there's a fire in the kitchen!" as I turn off the outlet (here in England, the electrical outlets can be turned on and off using a switch). The fire was out before Everett made it to the kitchen, but I learned a good lesson... You can't use American products in English outlets.. They have different voltages! So I have to cook my toast much like a marshmallow now.. wait for the smoke then flip it over!

I look forward to hearing from you guys via facebook, email, phone calls, or even comments on my posts! Missing you still!!

Amber

3 comments:

  1. thank you for the laugh...miss yall to-amanda and derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley your favorite sisterAugust 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM

    you didnt post the "exciting news".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The going to Iceland is the exciting part!!

    ReplyDelete