Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Search is On!!

So this week has been busy for us because we are looking to buy me a new car! We had some prospects on Monday, so Everett took a half day to go look at a car in London. When we got there, the guy had us meet on some random side road. The car was nothing like the ad had said, and we were really weirded out by the whole situation. We decided to pass up on it because it was making funny noises on the test drive.

Sad that we drove an hour for nothing, we decided to use my wonderful new phone to look for other cars that might be in the area. All the cars we liked were already sold by the time we got them on the phone. Finally, we found a car for a very good price, the only problem was that it was 2.5 hours away on the northeastern coast. We decided what the heck and drove out there. Let me tell you.. the drive was GORGEOUS!! It is so green everywhere! However, the roads are super scary. Very narrow and curvy and people drive like speed demons on them!! I think this is why I'm not too hurried to find a car anytime soon! I'm afraid I'm going to get into an accident the moment I get behind the wheel!!

Anyways, we finally arrived at our destination, but the car was not all we thought it would be. We decided not to settle just because we drove all the way out there and made our way home.

Today I made my first dinner here... And I didn't burn or blow up a thing!! I wasn't a big fan because it was a little healthier than I like (since Ev has to lose some weight... haha), but Everett seemed to like it so I guess that's all that matters! Then we went to Everett's soccer game.. I went shopping while he played because it was SOOO cold outside! The weather today was very cloudy and VERY windy! It felt more like November than the end of August! I finally got to drive the car, I'm glad it was just on base because no one was around! I managed to stay on the correct side of the road and didn't hit anything!! I was pretty proud of myself!

Last but not least, I just finished purchasing my ticket to Iceland!! I will be there from September 7th - September 13th. Now we just have to figure out what we are going to do when we get there!!

Alright.. It's getting late and I am ready for bed! It's 11pm so YAY! Maybe I'm on UK time now!! I made sure to follow the facebook advice and try to wake up early and NO naps!! I guess it worked.. we will see for sure tomorrow!

Adios Amigos!

1 comment:

  1. You know Amber I know some good recipes for healthy food that don't taste healthy. I learned them when I had to take care of Johns dad. Mrs. Lowry seasonings are awesome. I never had to salt my food. I'm glad you didn't catch anything on fire on your first meal. Yea! I know you'll do well. Hope you sleep well tonight. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete