Thursday, August 19, 2010

We made it!

Wow! What a busy month it has been since my last post! 


First off, we got married! The day went beautifully and so smoothly that I was having nightmares AFTER the wedding! I guess my brain didn't believe that it actually went so perfectly! We want to thank everyone for helping make our day special, and we hope you had as much fun as we did!!


After the wedding was our 10 day honeymoon to Cancun. We stayed at the Cancun Palace all inclusive and it was so wonderful! We went snorkeling at Xel-Ha, snorkeling with the whale sharks in the middle of the Gulf, and swimming with the dolphins. On our less busy days we spent our day by the pool playing water volleyball and sand volleyball. We also had complementary massages that we made good use out of! After 10 days, we were NOT ready to leave yet... it was so nice not to have to worry about a thing!


Once we got back to the states, things got a little crazy! We spent a few days down in Texas visiting Everett's family, and going to the Red Sox vs Rangers game with my brother Zach and Everett's brother Chris. We sat in the 2nd row about 50 feet from third base, so we had an excellent view! The game was very exciting.. I felt like I was watching a home run derby! 


After our short visit in Texas, we came back to Wichita to get ourselves packed up and ready to move. We got to spend Sunday celebrating birthdays with the Slusser's and Gerstenkorn's. It was nice getting to see them one last time before we left! On Monday, it was time for the movers to come get my things, and then we were off to McConnell to catch our flight! We almost didn't get on the plane because they claimed there were not enough seats, but 10 minutes prior to getting on the bus to get to the jet, they opened the seats for us and another couple! We got on the jet, which was approximately 120 degrees or so.. and of course... something breaks down! 3 hours and 16 mechanics later, they decided to postpone the flight for 24 hours.


So Tuesday we started what I refer to as "Round 2". After 2 more things went wrong with the jet, but were easily fixed, we were on our way to Iceland! I know.. we were supposed to be heading to England, but we had to make a stop in Iceland to drop some stuff off.. I was so excited because I have always wanted to see it, and here was a free trip! But, it was dark out, so all I saw were the lights of the airport : (


Two hours later, we arrived in England, bright and early in the morning! We made our way back to the house, unloaded the car, and vegged in front of the TV! We were trying really hard to stay awake in order to get on UK time, but we were so exhausted that we took a 6 hour nap!


Everett had to fly today, so I've just been hanging around. I have been meaning to start my housewifely duties by starting to clean and organize this dirty house, but I had no motivation... Maybe tomorrow!


I did get my new UK cell phone. Everett bought me one of the new iphones! I tell you.. he is so wonderful! I told him he will owe me once I get this house cleaned, so I guess he made good on that promise!


So far married life has been wonderful! It's so nice getting to be around him all the time and not having to worry about when he will leave again!


Alright, I guess I will end this now! I'll try to update as soon as life becomes more interesting over here! Right now, we are just getting settled in... so I'm sure there won't be much exciting news..


OH! I forgot, I did want to put our address and US phone number on here for you guys!


Address: 
PCS 37
Box 802
APO, AE 09459

Phone Number:
(817)230-4476

Our phone number is a US number, so there will be no charge for calling us! However, I would suggest using your cell phone instead of a land line if you are in the Wichita area because it is a Ft. Worth area code, that way you won't get charged for a long distance call on your land line! Also, we are 6 hours AHEAD of you.. so if you decide at 8pm that you desperately need to talk to one of us, keep in mind that it is 2am over here!

Love you all and check back soon for more updates on our adventures across the pond!!

Amber and Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment