Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Adding Two to the Family!!

No... I'm not pregnant with twins... We're getting puppies!!! Ever since we lost our precious Chloe a couple years ago, Everett and I have been itching to get a new dog. Well... we decided to make it TWO!!

As soon as our plane touched down in Mildenhall, I was already begging Everett for a dog. I knew I would be home for a while, perfect time to potty train right? Well, after some searching, I found an ad online for German Shepherd puppies and showed it to Everett. He made me email the lady to find out some info, then we kind of left it for a few days. Well out of the blue, Everett starts asking me a ton of puppy questions... how many do we want, a boy, a girl? Then one night he got home from work a LOT later than he was supposed to so I started wondering what was up...

Then last Friday, he had the day off, so he told me that we were going to go look at a dresser he found. Well I knew that we didn't need a dresser, a fact I made sure to state, so why would we go look at one?! He said it would be for our bedroom and not to worry about it.. So after a 35 minute drive we arrived at the house and were greeted by a very kind British woman who showed us to the back room of her house where there of course was NOT a dresser, but 8 puppies instead!!! They were born on July 26th, so they were less than a month old!

The lady made sure I knew my husband had a "wicked" sense of humor for trying to surprise me.. I guess he had been there the night before and picked out a dog.. a cute, LARGE girl. Well, we got to talking and we told her about Chloe and how she was obsessed with Everett. She let us know that girl German Shepherds will always "fancy the blokes", but that German Shepherd boys are more protective of women. At that moment I told Everett that I wanted a boy then. Since the whole reason for getting a dog out here is for my protection while Everett is deployed.

Thus began a 30 minute battle of which dog we should get. I was adamant about my little fellow, and I could tell the little girl already had Everett wrapped around her paw so to speak. Finally the lady was like, we will give you a deal if you want both... we discussed this for about 15 minutes, and finally I said fine... we'll take both!! They still don't have names.. as most of you know it took us about 2 weeks to name Chloe... so it may be a while!!

The breeders really suggest for us to come visit as much as possible to let the puppies get to know us. Since Everett will be in Iceland for the next month, and I'm a little scared to drive the country roads by myself, we went to visit them last night. I got to take some pictures and videos that I will share now...

Our babies... Sleeping.. Girl on left, Boy on right
Checking out his babies : )
Proud of his munchkins! Boy left Girl right
My precious boy
Everett's little girl
He loves making them fly.....
They love playing with kitten..
Me with my babies.. Girl left boy right
My puppy and I
We have a video as well.. Everett's girl was following him around the kitchen.. And you can take a guess as to watch she is doing at the end of the video : )



We won't be getting our bundles of joy until Everett gets back from Iceland.. so until then we will be puppy proofing the house and buying all their new stuff!! Oh.. and figuring out what to name them : )

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you both. They are so precious and absolutely beautiful. I know you will be happy with them and them with you. congratulations...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. haley your favorite sister.September 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

    awhhhh. they are so cute! :) i cant wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Only they won't be that little when you do meet them!! So I went shopping today and found a bunch of great stores I will have to take you to when you get here! They are right up your alley!!

    ReplyDelete