Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again...

So I am back in England after my week long amazing trip to Iceland.. but I am leaving Iceland for a whole other post which will probably be up in the next few days.. Just updating you on other facets of our life before I get to that big post...

There is good news to share and there is sad news as well... Since I like to end on a happy note, I will start with the sad..

The day after I got back from Iceland we received news that one of our close friends had died. This news led to shock, disbelief and overwhelming saddness. I was trying to see if I could fly home to be with her husband, who was Everett's best man, but with circumstances being as they are, I am not able to. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated for their family as they get through this rough time. She was an amazing and supportive friend who welcomed Everett into their home for over a year, helped out with the wedding, and attended both my bridal shower and bachelorette party.. We will miss her very much.

Danielle and I.. RIP

Everett and Danielle.. We will miss her!

It's times like these that make us wake up and appreciate the life we have been given.. which is sad that such things have to occur before we do realize what we have.

With that said, we will be receiving our puppies in less than 2 weeks and I think we have figured out their names!! They may change once we get them depending on their personalities. We are going to name the boy Dallas, after a major city in Everett's home state, and the girl will be Kacee, after a major city in my home state (as in Kansas City.. KC)... I really wanted to name them something very British since they are British dogs.. but Everett was very much against that.. Everett wanted to name them after pro sports teams which I was very much against.. so this was our compromise!

As for anything else, we received our wedding photos!! I will try to upload them to a site where anyone can see them soon and post it on here.. They turned out really great! Now I just have to work on finishing these Thank You notes so I can send them off!! That is the goal before Everett returns next week!

As I said before, be expecting an Iceland post soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Everett and Amber I am so sorry at the loss of a friend. In time the pain will be changed out for good memories. Treasure the time you had her. As long as you remember her, she lives on. We are praying for you and her family..... Mom

    ReplyDelete