Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Runnin' just as fast as we can...

...holdin' on to one anothers hands...

Sorry had to finish the lyric! So I thought I was going to be SOOOO bored this week without Everett being home, but I have managed to keep myself very busy!!! With the motivation of a friend, I have gone to the gym TWICE this week.. yeah I know.. that's a first!! We are taking a fitness class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.. and then doing cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays.. It is my hope to hit my goals right around the holidays... so I can get fat again! Ha!! Actually since I will only be home for one holiday this year I won't be getting as much of that delicious food.. so sad!!

Besides working out, I have been trying to update a bunch of stuff.. putting up pictures from the whole summer to now, updating my Susan G. Komen page.. (Please make a donation at this link: My Race Website).. and catching up on all my TV shows before the new seasons start this week!!

This weekend I was lucky enough to attend another horserace with a couple of wives from Everett's squadron.. We started off by meeting at Nichole's house for puppy chow, salsa, and Sangria.. then we walked on over to the races! I ended up be with 47 more pounds (about $73) than I started with.. which never happens to me!! I'm always a loser when it comes to betting!! Needless to say I was pretty excited and plan on spending the money on my trip to London tomorrow!! Here is a picture of all of us girls dressed up with our awesome hair pieces!

Me, Danell, Margaret, and Nichole
Excited because my horse placed 1st and hers placed 2nd!!
Walking to the races with our water bottle of Sangria... Classy!!
As I said before, tomorrow is my trip to London.. My plan is to get there in time to see the changing of the guards, then head over to Westminster Abbey for the tour of the inside. After that I will hit up the Natural History Museum, British Museum, and National Gallery (all free.. awesome.. I know!) If the weather is nice, I would like to walk over to the "London Bridge" (known as the Tower Bridge) and go see St. Paul's Cathedral.. If for some reason I get all of this done and have extra time, I want to see the Grant Museum of Zoology.. where they have bones of the dodo bird!! Last but not least I will make my way over to the British Library to see the cool things they have to offer which just so happens to be next to Kings Cross Station where I will be meeting my two friends that I met in Australia for dinner! After dinner, its back to Newmarket for me!! I have a feeling I might be a bit ambitious, but I will just try to get through as much as I can! And with the Tube being back in operation.. it will be easy travels!!

Thursday will be a day at home for me.. probably resting after my busy Wednesday.. I will update my blog on my London excursion and then get started on my Thank Yous!! Then Friday Everett will come home!!! So excited for that!!

Ta ta for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your getting bored. You can call me anytime day or night. I shouldn't say bored but lonely. I know the feeling. I get lonely with John on the road all the time. So see we are in the same boat. I try to keep myself busy with sewing blankets, going to movies, the mall or a park. I visit cemeteries to see the history in them. When you find a bunch who died around the same time you know something went through like typhoid. Try that. Maybe put the date in the computer to see what went through. Love you both..... Mom

    ReplyDelete